Accelerated Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art/Master of Arts in Teaching (with Teaching Certification)

To earn an Accelerated BFA/MAT in Studio Art, a student must complete all basic requirements for the BFA degree with a major in Studio Art, as well as additional coursework at the graduate level. (See Graduate Catalog for details of graduate requirements, including eligibility and admission).

BFA in Studio Art

Requirements for a Major in Studio Art

Eighty-one semester hours including the following:
Required Courses
ART 1310Drawing I3
ART 1311Drawing II3
ART 13142D Design3
ART 13163D Design3
ART 2310Figure Drawing I3
ARTH 2302Survey of Western Art I3
ARTH 2303Survey of Western Art II3
Art History
Nine semester hours of Art History (ARTH) courses9
Fifty-one semester hours, as specified, in one of the following concentrations:51
Additional Requirement
Candidates admitted to the BFA program must have a 3.0 GPA in all ART and ARTH courses in order to graduate with the BFA.
Total Hours81

MAT with Teaching Certificate