Registration and Enrollment


Graduate: Any person holding a bachelor’s degree who has been admitted to the Garland School of Social Work graduate program and who is taking coursework to be credited toward a graduate degree. Graduate students are expected to maintain continuous registration.

Post Baccalaureate: Any person holding a bachelor’s degree who is taking coursework and has not been admitted to a graduate program. Post baccalaureate registration is handled through the undergraduate Admissions Office. Before the student can register for a graduate course, permission must be granted by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. After the student has been admitted to the graduate program, they may then petition to transfer 6 hours of the graduate level work taken as a post baccalaureate student into their graduate program.

Undergraduate Senior: An undergraduate senior may enroll in graduate coursework (including 5000-level courses and 4000-level courses approved for graduate credit and which the student intends to apply either toward graduate credit or toward undergraduate degree requirements), subject to the following conditions:

  1. The student must have grade point averages, both overall and in the major field, of at least 3.0.
  2. The student may enroll in no more than one graduate course in one semester.
  3. The course load (combined undergraduate and graduate coursework) may not exceed fifteen credit hours in one semester.
  4. The student must have taken and successfully completed all prerequisites for the graduate course(s).
  5. The student may include no more than six credit hours of graduate credit within the total credit hours for the undergraduate degree.
  6. The student will assume the responsibilities of a graduate student in a graduate course. Permission to take graduate coursework requires the student to file a petition to be approved by the professor(s) of the course(s) and the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Accompanying the petition must be a copy of the student’s transcript so that the graduate program can calculate grade point averages. On the petition, the student indicates whether the graduate coursework is to apply toward undergraduate degree requirements or toward graduate degree requirements, should the student later be admitted into a graduate program for which the coursework is relevant. Final approval of the petition must be obtained before the student can register for any graduate coursework.


  1. Registration information is located on Baylor’s Office of the Registrar Enrolling for Classes webpage.
  2. All students are expected to register for a minimum of one credit hour in each semester. This practice is institutionally referred to as “continuous registration.”
  3. All students should refer to the official University calendar for dates set for the semester of graduation.
  4. Veterans: 
    • Admitted Students: Upload your VA-issued Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by visiting the following link: Additional information regarding your specific benefit type, along with the next steps, will be    emailed to the student once we have processed your COE. Review our GI Bill® Checklist for additional assistance. 
    • Returning Students: Submit your Request for Certification (RFC) immediately after registering for classes. Submitting your RFC immediately, will ensure timely processing of your VA benefits. It may take approximately 3 weeks to fully process your RFC which may include your bill reflecting the VA anticipated tuition and fee payment, if eligible. To access the RFC form, visit here. You can also access the RFC by clicking the “RFC” link below.
    • Reminder: You must submit a new RFC every term for which you wish to use VA benefits – we will not process your education benefits for payment without the RFC.

It is the graduate student’s responsibility to honor all conditions and procedures associated with timely registration.