Dr. Joel R. Porter, Director
Minimum 124 hrs.
- Minimum: 36 hrs. advanced total with at least 18 hrs. in residence
- Minimum: 60 hrs. in residence including the last 30
- Admission and Graduation Requirements: 2.0 GPA overall and in major
- Students may apply for this degree only after completing 45 hours, 12 of which must be in residence.
- No more than three hours in a minor may be in common with the major
- After admission, no course in the major may be taken pass-fail.
|Select nine semester hours from the following:||9|
|Thinking and Writing|
|Select six semester hours of any PSC, SOC, ANT, GEOG, ECO, PHI, HIS 1||6|
|Select three to eight semester hours of language||3-8|
|PSC 1387||The U.S. Constitution, Its Interpretation, and the American Political Experience||3|
& REL 1350
|The Christian Scriptures|
and The Christian Heritage
|Select any MTH, STA or QBA||3-4|
|CSS 1301||Fundamentals of Public Communication||3|
|or CSS 1302||Speech for Business and Professional Students|
|Select eight semester hours from BIO, CHE, ENV, GEO, PHY||8|
|Select two to three semester hours of any art, music, theatre arts, journalism or film and digital media||2-3|
|Select four semesters of any LF 2||4|
|Complete two semesters of Chapel||0|
Not PSC 1387 The U.S. Constitution, Its Interpretation, and the American Political Experience
Including PUBH 1145 Health and Human Behavior
Excludes General Education Requirements
Courses for each section must come from two or more schools, colleges, or departments; maximum 9 hours from any single prefix.
|A complete list of courses for these four areas is available online or through an advisor.|
|Professional Development Seminars|
|PRD 2101||Professional Development 1||1|
Two hours per academic year preferred; includes CPD (PRD) work
|Any additional courses that are needed to reach 124 hours and/or 36 upper level hours||18-27|