Admission to the Doctor of Ministry program requires an earned MDiv degree or its educational equivalent from an accredited seminary or theological school. Applicants should have achieved at least a 3.00 cumulative grade point average on a 4.00 scale and have completed at least three years of significant ministry experience.
Applicants must submit or complete all the following on Truett’s web application. This includes:
- A strong affirmation from the ministry where the student currently serves
- Four letters of recommendation - one from a professor, one from a pastor, and two from other ministry practitioners
- An academic research paper in theology, biblical exegesis, or ministry-related topic
- A brief life in ministry summary
- A Theology of Ministry paper that includes a statement on the student’s calling and how she/he sees the Doctor of Ministry degree further enhances her/his development as a minister of the Gospel
- A pastoral reflection paper that shows the student’s ability to reflect theologically on a particular ministry situation/dilemma
- Baylor health form
- A personal interview with the Doctor of Ministry Committee
Transfer credit toward the DMin degree at Truett Seminary will be considered on an individual basis. Only coursework completed with a grade of B or better from accredited doctoral programs will be considered. It must be comparable to that required of Truett DMin students in subject matter and in quality. A maximum of 6 hours of directed study coursework and 6 hours of seminar or class work will be considered, and no more than 12 hours credit will be granted.
It is the student’s responsibility to become informed of and to observe all regulations and procedures for degree completion required by Truett Seminary. This includes strict attention to all internal deadlines, such as application, registration, and graduation as well as satisfying all requirements leading to degree completion.
Applications for admission and additional information concerning admission are available from:
Doctor of Ministry Program
George W. Truett Theological Seminary
One Bear Place #97126
Waco, TX 76798-7126